Advantech has announced Gen 12 Intel Core processor upgrades to its industrial motherboards, single board computers and industrial PCs.
Available in i9, i7, i5 and i3 forms, the processors have up to 16 cores and can run up to 24 threads. With the maximum core count, there are eight ‘performance cores’ and eight ‘efficient cores’ with which to optimise processing with regard to power and energy needs.
They will “boost performance up to 1.36x times faster in single- thread performance and up to 1.35x times faster in multi-thread performance compared to 10th Gen Intel Core processors,” claimed Advantech. “Moreover, 12th Gen Core processors are also the first Core processor series that supports up to DDR5-4800 memory modules, or DDR4-3200, leading to 50% bandwidth enhancement.”
Products on the upgrade list include:
- AIMB-788 and AIMB-708 series ATX motherboards with 1x PCIe x16 Gen 4 slot, up to 3 x PCIe x4 Gen 3 slots, M.2 (NVMe) and DDR4-3200 memory.
- ASMB-588 and ASMB-788 MicroATX/ATX server boards, as well as PCE-5033 and PCE-5133, PICMG 1.3 full-size singe-board computers – ASMB-588 and ASMB-788 support DDR5 ECC/ non-ECC memory and PCIe 5.0 connectivity, can connect to frame grabber cards, motion control cards and accelerators for I/O bandwidth and higher compute performance. “PCE-5033/5133 feature multiple backplanes, diverse I/O, and various expansion slots,” said the company.
- MIC-770 V3 embedded box industrial PC, which has a modular and fan-less design for deploying in heavy industrial hazardous environments.
- IPC-320 compact and tower industrial PCs for central control rooms in substations and industrial automation requiring low acoustics noise (40dB).
- PCE-2033/2133 motherboards for the company’s IPC-200 industrial PC chassis series, intended for machine vision, motion control in equipment manufacturing, and the Semiconductor industry.
- ASMB-610V3 is a proprietary server board for the company’s 1U 18inch HPC-6120 short-depth edge-accelerator server chassis. 4 x PCIe slots are available, and applications are foreseen in machine automation, machine vision and artificial intelligence processing.
Only AIMB-788 is available for order now, other are scheduled for release late in 2022.