“As an intelligent monitoring application, this solution can drive the functions such as Zoom/Focus/IR cut/IRIS of the lens through TOSHIBA’s M342/M343 MCU. It is necessary to add TOSHIBA’s motor driver IC TC78H670FTG, which can be quickly implemented and integrated into product applications.
On June 1, 2022, Dalian General Holdings, a leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, announced that its subsidiary World Peace has launched an intelligent monitoring and remote video solution based on Toshiba (TOSHIBA) M342/M343 MCU.
Figure 1 – The Display board of the smart monitoring and remote video solution based on TOSHIBA products
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in 2019, many existing life and work patterns have been changed. This makes smart monitoring and other products that have been on the market for many years to become mainstream applications again. And with the continuous innovation of 5G, Internet of Things and other technologies, smart monitoring products have been given more functions, such as remote video conferencing, smart city monitoring, home monitoring, newborn and nursing home care applications, etc. The emergence of these innovative monitoring products has opened up a new model for people to communicate and work remotely. Based on TOSHIBA M342/M343 MCU, the intelligent monitoring and remote video solution launched by Dalian Da Shiping has low cost and high flexibility, and can be easily applied in various scenarios, thus reducing the development time of customers.
Figure 2 – Scenario application diagram of the intelligent monitoring and remote video solution based on TOSHIBA products
TOSHIBA M342/M343 MCU is based on Arm Cortex-M3 processor architecture, with built-in multiple sets of H-Bridge and mirco-stepping drivers, which can make the product widely used in motor control, intelligent monitoring, remote video, Internet of things equipment, home appliance equipment etc. in the scene. And because multiple drivers are integrated in the MCU, the PCB size can be further reduced, and the system development cost can be reduced.
Figure 3 – Block diagram of the intelligent monitoring and remote video solution based on TOSHIBA products
As an intelligent monitoring application, this solution can drive the functions such as Zoom/Focus/IR cut/IRIS of the lens through TOSHIBA’s M342/M343 MCU. It is necessary to add TOSHIBA’s motor driver IC TC78H670FTG, which can be quickly implemented and integrated into product applications.
Core technical advantages:
• Easy to control the lens to do Zoom/Focus/IR cut/IRIS/Pan/Tilt and other functional requirements;
• Support integrated application of Toshiba motor driver IC – TC78H670FTG;
• Solutions dedicated to lens control;
• Original factory + technical service and support from professional teams of Shiping and Toshiba;
• Has been successfully imported into domestic video conferencing equipment manufacturers.
• High-performance Arm Cortex-M3 core: 54 MHz operation (max);
• Flash memory capacity up to 1 MB;
• Up to 4 programmable servo (PSC) units (servo calculation, motor control and communication for camera shake compensation);
• High-side switch (H-SW) supports up to 8ch;
• Power supply: (MCU) 2.7~3.6V/(MCD-Analog) 2.7~3.6V/(MCD-VM) 2.5~5.5V;
• Low cost, high integration, flexible and flexible use.
The Links: MG25J6ES40 6MBP160RUA060-01